Avoid Scams and Fraud
Although the majority of users of the website are dedicated to a friendly and successful user experience there is always the chance for fraudulent activity.…To avoid this please follow some of the tips below…
- Deal locally and meet people in person if you can.
- Do not use wire transfers, moneygrams, money orders etc.
- Even upon receiving a cashier check, money order or regular check be wary. Banks will cash them upon receipt and only weeks later discover they are fake. YOU are then ultimately held responsible for the funds!
- SHOPMYCLOTHES IS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY TRANSACTION. It does not handle payments, nor does it guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification". Any party claiming the above is acting fraudulently and we advise you to terminate the possibility of a transaction immediately.
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- Be wary of individuals from far away locations, paypal is recommended in situations such as these.